This is the tale of my home brake job.
I got the truck jacked up all around with jack stands on the frame for the front and on the rear axle to support the aft end. I was a bit worried because there was another kit that didn't seem to make a distinction between the sizing of the pads but my kits came with two different sized pads. I thought this made sense as the majority of the stopping power is concentrated at the front of the vehicle, but it created some apprehension all the same. There were also two of the eight pads that had an extra metalic tab that I still don't know what purpose it served, but I do know now that they both occurred, on my vehicle at least on the passenger sides front and rear to the insides of the rotors. On the front passenger pad, the tab is in the lower position, and for the rear passenger pad, the tab is in the upper position. For these reasons, I wanted to have quick access to all four wheel assemblies if I needed to make a quick investigation.
It turns out it did, but it still wouldn't budge. I flashed back to my failed attempt at putting the OME shocks on when the lower shock mount wouldn't budge. I hit it one more time with the PB blaster, and after a 30 second effort with the impact gun, it finally broke free. I was about 30 more seconds from getting the propane torch and heating that mamma jamma up.
Anyway, it took some time being cautious and deliberate with cleaning the parts and applying the brake grease to the various areas to which it is recommended for application. It came time for the moment of truth and to start the break in period.
I already foreshadowed it, but just know that there was a frantic 5 seconds where I was staring down my neighbor's mailbox and had terrible visions of it crashing through my windshield and being pummeled with junk mail. Fortunately, it did not come to that.
The brake job was not a bad job. The truck stops well. I tested them all the way to my mom's and back. They will get their true test soon enough.