I do like hanging out with the little guy. It's just not necessarily the most conducive environment to safety.
I tried to knock out a few things yesterday while the Mrs. was still home to primarily watch the little guy. He slept pretty much entirely through Dave's visit, which helped with the productivity factor. I kept stopping to make sure J wasn't being overwhelming during Steve's visit.
Yesterday, I dropped the engine skid on my truck to access the front differential fill port. I finally succeeded in topping it off after initially discovering that the axle seal had developed an apparent leak during our Outer Banks family trip. There still was a good amount of oil in there which gives me some comfort in having opted to wheel the truck in July without having secured service. (I tried taking back to the folks that originally worked on it since I had no such apparent leaks prior to their having worked on the differential to install the locker.)
In taking the skid down, one of the smaller 1/4-20 bolts I had used to secure the front portion of the skid snapped. You may recall that I previously had to replace the weld nuts that had sheared free in the stock location and utilized modified T-nuts welded to the underside of the cross member. Well, now that is going to be a problem.
There are two additional bolt holes that I am supposed to drill in the underside of the lower control arm bracket where the plate rests against. I just need the time to drill some new holes. (I attempted this yesterday, but my bits were a bit dull and it was taking FOREVER). I got new bits today at HD when I went to get grinding and cutoff wheels in anticipation of Steves antenna tab project.
While the skid was down, I re-painted it as it got a fair amount of love at Southington and significant portions of the initial paint job had given way to rust.I would like to mount it back, but I need to be in position to drill two holes since I'm down to only one reliable bolt in the front now. I also took the time to repaint the radiator skid, the undersides of the sliders, and to touch up portions of the front stinger where the coiled winch cable had chipped away the coating.
A few maintenance items got checked off. I still need to install the new inverter. (The original one is giving a fault code and there appears to be no way to reset). I also need to replace the legacy switching wiring for the new rock lights. It was a bit temperamental when I first installed the rock lights. Now they aren't powering on at all. I should have just used the new kit to start with, but I was concerned the battery leads would not be long enough to reach the terminal posts without needing to introduce new splices. Hopefully this time, it is a real lesson learned.
That's probably it for now. The little guy is doing exactly what he is supposed to be doing at this stage: being a handful. But he was considerate enough to allow me to write as much as I have.
All the best.