Well, I've been trying since before Shoe Creek to get my act together and fab up some rock sliders. I did succeed in getting the metal. In this post, you'll see that I've managed to bend some metal. I started to type "succeeded in bending some metal", but that would indicate success as if I had achieved a flawless outcome. "Flawless" they are not, but functional is my intent. I also picked up another spare set of steel wheels which took me out to the Eastern Shore of MD which I was able to schedule to coincide with a trip up to Philly to visit the Mrs. I need a solid few weekends where I can machine some stuff, but that would also cause me to potentially miss some viable chances to wheel. So given that my production capacity is limited due to my wheeling opportunities increasing, this update also covers me biting the bullet and ordering a rear diff skid plate since my differential housing has been nicked a bit here and there. But what's a good post without photos?!
I got the first set really only intending to track down a single rim to mount a second spare onto. I ended up getting a set of four for what I was looking to pay for a single. S-Bug offered essentially the same deal, which I again could not pass up. Please monitor me to ensure I do not become a hoarder.
Well, what I was left with after the first transaction was two spares, and then three random rims. It was not enough rims to mount my stock tires on. So then I wanted to find one more rim to swap my second spare onto so that I could make the second set of rims whole and mount the tires.
Now what I think I'll do is get a set of M/Ts in 285/75/16 in a few months and then have the Nittos and the BFGs to alternate between periodically.
That's about all I've got for this update. I've got a few irons in the fire to tend to.