My Girl: Gettin' After It!!

My Girl: Gettin' After It!!
My truck on her maiden voyage in Moab 2012

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Mounting the Nittos

Sorry no photo of this in action. I went out in the parking lot to get a shot of the truck with the Nittos loaded in the truck, but they've already got it back in the shop and I can't get a good shot of it from the lounge.

I wouldn't even say that the truck is 'heavily modified' in the traditional sense, but maybe "highly-messed-around-with" is more suitable. In either event, I feel like a parent whose kid has a laundry list of allergies and special conditions. "Well, Billy can't have peanut butter or any other nut-based products for that matter. Gluten is questionable. . If the nap time mats are wiped down, a non-ammonia based solution must be used. The room needs to be regularly dehumidified or his asthma flares up..."

Essentially, I'm just coming to have four new tires mounted. But then the clarifications started needing to be made.

"Well, I have two spare rims and I would-..."
Tech- "You have TWO spare tires?"
"Well, yes. The other is down below in the stock location. I'd like to have the two front tires with the higher tread mounted onto the two spare rims."
Tech- "And put the spares on the front?"
"No sir. The four new tires go all around. The two fronts go onto the spare rims. The former two spares and the rears I'll be taking with me; they have a little life left."
Tech- "Ok, any special tools needed for the lower one"
"Well, yes. The original tool is in the truck, but the body lift shifted the alignment of the portal and the lowering mechanism. It's probably best that I lower it for your service crew."
Tech- "OK. Anything else?"
"Yes. The tailgate-mounted bracket is now ungodly heavy with the weight of the tire. I have the gate locked so that no one accidentally drops it on themselves. When you're ready, I can come and lower the gate so you can access the tires in the back."
Tech- "So what is it that you do?!"
"Umm... I work in construction, but that actually doesn't explain this."

I think me trying to go out into the shop and take pictures might push the envelope, but why not.

I'll publish now and see if I can get a snap of it in progress.

Ok, we'll not very visual, but she's in there getting worked on. Maybe I'll take another with it in action.

I almost forgot, there are two different options for the outer pattern of the Nittos. I think I'll go with the striated portion mounted outside. Hopefully it's not too late. No one asked me for my preference yet.

-will

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Let me know what you thought of the post or how you came to stumble on this little corner of what we call, "the interwebs". Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
-will