My Girl: Gettin' After It!!

My Girl: Gettin' After It!!
My truck on her maiden voyage in Moab 2012

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Two days late...

I'm sitting here on a Tuesday night realizing I didn't post a weekly update on this past Sunday.

There was, in fact, a good amount going on.

I'm working on getting the club incorporated, but my recent tax scenario robbed me of the funding for that and a good chunk of what I had tucked aside to go towards the lockers. And there are also the family and friend engagements/commitments that pop up.

There are some days I wish to be a hermit somewhere off in isolation wrenching on the truck. But then I realize also that I'd have no one to go offroading with or to share the results of the various adventures.

Basically this entry is to state that I have no new pictures, got no shop time on the truck, and didn't go anywhere interesting.

I started a new job yesterday. My truck no longer travels 120 miles roundtrip into exurbia and back. Although she looked fairly suited to the scenery of the 24+ acre jobsite under development there, I now take her into a downtown DC garage where she is very much an anomaly. We park on the lowest level out of sight.

Veronica may have a pending sponsorship in the works, which would be really cool. I think it helps to justify her state and existence in this form.

I also put together some concept art which I provided to a very talented graphic designer in hopes that we may be able to get some decals made for this upcoming run.

I'm thinking of hosting two official club runs each year; a winter and a summer run. Between the various other clubs I affiliate with, there would be plenty of year-round offerings.

My time in the past week has been devoted to researching particulars for the outing at the end of May.

This coming weekend I am going to try to take care of an errand for a buddy which may lead me in close enough vicinity to do a little bit of wheeling south and west of the city. So there may be that to speak of. Otherwise, I'm hoping to get my electrical system sorted out which was initially the goal for this past weekend.

These posts need to become a lot more interesting...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Let me know what you thought of the post or how you came to stumble on this little corner of what we call, "the interwebs". Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
-will