My Girl: Gettin' After It!!

My Girl: Gettin' After It!!
My truck on her maiden voyage in Moab 2012

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Something in the works

We had a couple of family events over the weekend. There was basically no allotted time for building. But I was able to make it out to BMG metals Friday morning.

The rest of my day was incredibly awkward carrying two, 24-foot sections of 1x1.5 rectangular tubing through the city. There were some stares. There were some moments of intense concentration while parallel parking and placing the truck in the garage. But in a few days' time, it is my  hope that the effort will have been worth it.

 This is the spot in the garage that basically no one takes because you have to wedge in at this column and there are yellow steel bollards in the vicinity. Basically you have to drive down to the bottom, U-turn, and then throw it in reverse to get the angle right if you are going to back in. Veronica and I performed this at 24 feet long.

I didn't quite get why people were staring. I've carried things on the roof before. I think, generally though, I've maxed out at 20' sections, like when I brought home the tube steel for the rock sliders and bumper. But BMG charges a cut fee for when you order non-stock lengths. Although I think I only needed maybe 26 feet and was just going to order an even 40, I ended up with 48 feet, and a random section of C-channel that might come in handy.

Any guesses what I'm up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Let me know what you thought of the post or how you came to stumble on this little corner of what we call, "the interwebs". Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
-will