My Girl: Gettin' After It!!

My Girl: Gettin' After It!!
My truck on her maiden voyage in Moab 2012

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Wrapping up the year...

I must have only posted a few pics to Facebook; I thought for sure that I had blogged about this.

 Well, following the NH Overland Challenge, Angel and I were spotlighted and each received invitations from the organizers of Chaos' Offroad park to come in for guide candidate training. We were both ultimately selected and offered the opportunity to guide at the park. The commitment involved volunteering to guide at 3 events. I sustained some damage in Moab which had me in a bit of a precarious position in terms of continuing to strain the truck. On this occasion, I could still qualify as serving while riding shotgun in Angel's rig. It was unfortunately not ready in time for Moab, but it was the first opportunity for many of us to see it in action on it's new 1-ton axles. Well, new to this particular rig.
 I also finally got to see the Juggernaut in person.

 I really don't have much else to say about the trip. I just wanted to post the pictures.





 This was basically a stock Rover that was getting after it all day. A couple of times he got close to challenging the clearance to the step rails, but other than that, he had a good day on the trails.
 This thing was monstrous all day long. There were some early challenges in ensuring the right levels of transmission fluid restored back into the system. But once Angel got it dialed in, this truck just pretty much did whatever it wanted.


 They call this, "V-ditch"

I don't have much else to write. This was pretty much the last time I was off road. It was late July. It's now late November. I have terrible withdrawal. Terrible withdrawal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Let me know what you thought of the post or how you came to stumble on this little corner of what we call, "the interwebs". Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
-will