My Girl: Gettin' After It!!

My Girl: Gettin' After It!!
My truck on her maiden voyage in Moab 2012

Thursday, October 11, 2012

BMG metals after work...

I don't have any photos associated with this post. I drove down to BMG metals in Manassas after work today to pick up the carrier arm for the rear tire carrier that I plan on building. This was my second time going there. The first occasion was to pick up the two bent plates that I used to affix the bandlands winch mount C-channel to the stock bumper location. My first failed swing out carrier was owing to my effort to use some free scrap steel in lieu of buying what I thought to be expensive rectangular steel tubing based on an online quote I saw from a metal distributor. Not willing to have another hackneyed project under my belt, I decided I would just bite the bullet and get the right parts for the job. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my 6-foot length of 2"x4" tube steel ran me less than 25 bucks.

The other part I wanted to remark on is the ease of use and service at BMG metals. You would think that an outfit that services machine shops, general contractors, and other professional sorts would have no time or interest in satisfying the one-off purchases of hobbyist and other low volume consumers. However, in my two instances there, I've been treated cordially and been given prompt, same day fulfillment of my one phone order and was invited today to just come see what they had in stock as the size I was looking for is a stock item, but the typical unit length is 24 feet.

This is not a paid advertisement. I just think sometimes when you have a positive experience you ought to share it. Might just help counteract some of the negativity in the world. So thanks again BMG.

I guess I ought to get to the actual fabrication part now that I've got some food in my belly and the day off tomorrow.

If I have something to show, I'll post up some pics.

-will

1 comment:

Hey! Let me know what you thought of the post or how you came to stumble on this little corner of what we call, "the interwebs". Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
-will