My Girl: Gettin' After It!!

My Girl: Gettin' After It!!
My truck on her maiden voyage in Moab 2012

Monday, October 22, 2012

The Grand Canyon

Look out Grand Canyon; here we come!

The Mrs. and I are looking to head that way very soon. For the past few months, it was probably looking like this blog was more of a glorified build thread than an actual travel blog.

I'm going to try to get the swing out carrier completed in time such that we have spare fuel and a way to carry a second spare tire in the back. I learned from the Moab trip that there are some long stretches of highway in places like Kansas and South Dakota that one can go quite a ways on the main road and not find a service station for miles on end. Now, there's maybe traveling off the beaten path some, but I wasn't feeling quite that adventurous last time.

Hopefully we can get a couple more sponsors on board to help out. I'm thinking about adding a solar panel to the dual battery system as an additional charging source in addition to the alternator. If one were to fall into my lap, certainly. But I won't break the already fragile bank to do it. We'll see.

Getting excited though.

1 comment:

Hey! Let me know what you thought of the post or how you came to stumble on this little corner of what we call, "the interwebs". Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
-will