My Girl: Gettin' After It!!

My Girl: Gettin' After It!!
My truck on her maiden voyage in Moab 2012

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day 7- 11/18/12 We're coming home

After Memphis we drove towards Nashville and then veered off of 40 towards Spring Hill, TN where Jenn's cousin lives. I had a great time playing Go Fish and I Declare War with two very energetic and precocious toddlers before again heading out onto the road to drive all through the night back home. This half day is just some of the familiar sights from the road headed up from 40 to 81 to 66 and then our neck of the woods:




 Drove well over 5, 265 miles roundtrip at all hours of the day and night... and the one traffic backup I encounter is here on 495. Really, DC. On a Sunday there's traffic?



 Driving is also a lot more courteous everywhere else that I've been in the  country (excluding New York City...and I was too young to appreciate traffic near LA). As soon as we got back within 60 miles of home, the "Me-First" mentality of other drivers started to manifest itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Let me know what you thought of the post or how you came to stumble on this little corner of what we call, "the interwebs". Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
-will