My Girl: Gettin' After It!!

My Girl: Gettin' After It!!
My truck on her maiden voyage in Moab 2012

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Videos (part I) from the Outer Banks Trip.



This first video is following Bruce back to the house. An Escalade abruptly decides that the 35 mph posted speed is insufficient for his schedule and begins speeding past us. I sincerely hoped that we would encounter some difficulty in the sand, but the rain made the area accessible to all manner of inconsiderate people without the balancing input of karma.


So at first these 'water crossings' were merely trail-width expanses of very shallow water. They progressively got deeper. Bruce bypassed this one as there was ample space to the right. I had Jenn get out to walk ahead as I didn't have any footage of any water crossings I had done up at Rausch Creek. No biggie here. Kinda anticlimactic.


This is where it started to get real. Again, not too crazy, but the abrupt drop that sank the rear end of Bruce's rig was a bit unexpected.


So this one was Bruce's last crossing, and it was my second-to-last. For me he called this my JV crossing. A little hairy with the dip that brought some water up onto my hood. But not quite varsity-level as my next crossing would prove to be. I went across on the last one which invoked some emotion. The dilemma was that I'd need to turn around and re-cross to join Bruce. And that's where the ante was raised.

 
I guess I cleared something out of the way on the first crossing, because when I retraced my path back through, we plunged in even deeper. Everything turned brown. I showed a couple of guys (who don't wheel) and they were apparently unimpressed. But I can say, impressive or not, being on the inside of the truck and only seeing brown murky water all around your windows, even if momentarily, was a bit unnerving.
 
The truck handled well though, powered continually through without incident. All of the seals held; no water intrusion at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Let me know what you thought of the post or how you came to stumble on this little corner of what we call, "the interwebs". Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
-will