My Girl: Gettin' After It!!

My Girl: Gettin' After It!!
My truck on her maiden voyage in Moab 2012

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Google ME!

Ok, don't actually google "me" as I don't even start to make a blip on the radar until maybe the fourth page. BUT...someone did stumble upon my humble little blog and posted some questions about the Hidden Winch project.

Felt pretty good to be relevant. So I rushed home and made some posts, including this one. Really looking forward to mounting the Shroud this weekend. Fingers crossed that I finish with a stout system.

I also feel that every post should have a picture.

My girl did some work today. We're installing curb and gutter. The electrician's mobile job trailer was in danger (not actual hazard-type 'danger') of being fully bounded by the ensuing concrete pours on an island scheduled to receive landscaping where they had staged it. Unfortunately, the foreman had left with the only truck equipped with a receiver hitch that could move it. The earthwork foreman was leaving but loaned me his 3-ball mount hitch (as my 1-1/4 ball wasn't going to cut it). I literally had to say, "Hey man, my ball isn't big enough. That's emasculating. 

Anyway, here's my girl pulling a full size trailer loaded with electrical gear. Not bad for a mid-size truck. Put her in 4-Lo and away we go. I still suck at backing up a trailer. I should have turned her around once we got to pavement and tried using the front receiver to push it into place with her snout.

-will

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Let me know what you thought of the post or how you came to stumble on this little corner of what we call, "the interwebs". Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
-will