My Girl: Gettin' After It!!

My Girl: Gettin' After It!!
My truck on her maiden voyage in Moab 2012

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Still got it...

I've only covered about half of the mileage I was able to log yesterday. But I plan on getting a second wind in an hour or so. I'm at an IHOP in Hays, Kansas (exit 159...I know that much) to do these updates. The group I was trying to keep pace with tore through the night last night and blew right through St. Louis, and on to Kansas City 300 miles ahead. I overslept this morning by about 30 minutes and was once again playing catch-up. It was a fun day though with lots of visits. Here's how it went down.

It took 4 tries, but this was the best shot I got of the arch heading into St. Louis.



I was able to link up with Taylor. Here we found a passerby to take our picture with the flag.

This is a giant Billiken formed out of a tree. Or two trees. I don't even know how one makes such a thing.
Warming up some basic stunts.
A cupie must be done everywhere that I go where there is a viable opportunity to pull one off safely.
I hit 1,000 miles on this trip on the on-ramp to go from 64 to 70.

I went to get gas at a Shell station and there was a band doing a car wash. I had them take care of all of the bugs that I massacred on the drive from MD to St. Louis.


Ozarkland. I got like shotglasses for every state. This is just outside of Mizzou.

Anheuser-Bush cares about natural resources (at Mizzou). I just thought it was kind of funny.

Ok. So this picture was taken right after I had tripped up trying to get up too fast to cover the distance to pose for the picture. The shutter was set to multiple exposures; so, you get to see me running into position.

It doesn't look like much, but it really was stinging.

Another rushed welcome sign picture. This one did have a shoulder, but I had already been in Kansas for like 3 miles before this popped up and I was in the center lane. It wasn't worth a potential collision to pose for the shot.

 Two of the guys from KU Cheer. Invariably, the dudes show up first to open stunt.

This was inside the Naismith Exhibit hall which was pretty cool. Here are some shots of history:



Ok. Time for some stunting. Kaitlyn made it out as the only girl. We started busting out some old school stuff. Did a toss to real grip arabesque. Man, it's like we tricked my body into thinking it was 2004.



The Bro'Hawk is on full display here.

New additions to the truck...the text and the decals. I'm missing a bird (Cardinal) and a billiken. We'll have to try to get that rectified.


Are these storm clouds? They were very pretty...but would they be lethal?! I started having flashbacks of the movie Twister. Fortunately, all the cows I passed by were firmly on their feet (as opposed to careening across the roadway mooing). Honestly, I did watch them to make sure they weren't kneeling or laying down in clusters. That's when you know it's about to get real.

So even though I was aware of the "Watch" as I was leaving KU, I was not deterred from stopping at a Dick's sporting goods to pick up some K-State swag...or to take this picture. It started to rain lightly as I set this up. I was going for "Tickets to the Gun Show at K-State". Did you get that same concept?


And now I'm at IHOP. It took me a bit longer than I had planned to do this update. I might need a nap before pushing on further. We'll see.

Wish me luck. Trying to make it to Boulder by sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Let me know what you thought of the post or how you came to stumble on this little corner of what we call, "the interwebs". Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
-will