My Girl: Gettin' After It!!

My Girl: Gettin' After It!!
My truck on her maiden voyage in Moab 2012

Monday, May 21, 2012

Wheelin' for the first time

So I survived the first day out there.

There's still some daylight hours and I've got a little bit of wrenching to do before nightfall. The pics are kinda slow to upload..and I've got some video to post. I'll do that in the tent tonight as long as the battery will hold out. So today will be a two update day.

Veronica definitely took some hard bumps today, but she's a tough girl and earned the respect of the Xterras, the two Jeeps, and the 4Runner that took part in our beginner group. She was the only Frontier out of the group. There are other Frontiers in the mix, but most of them are pretty heavily modified. There are a lot of heavily modified Xterras too. The main liability of the pickup platform is the extended wheel base and limited departure angle presented by the truck bed. In the pick above you can see that the Xterra next to me is maybe somewhere between 18"-24" from back of wheel to back of bumper. I'm more like 30"-40". Things they clear, I hit...HARD. :) I probably could sneak past some if I didn't have the rear hitch. But in the instances where there is no saving me, I'm glad to have that hitch back there. It can take a beating and I'd rather that than the bumper take that punishment. Call it "Poor Man's Armor".

I'll post another update this evening with the pics.

-MANIMAL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Let me know what you thought of the post or how you came to stumble on this little corner of what we call, "the interwebs". Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
-will